It’s time for some tech news! Here are the highlights from MWC 2018 in Barcelona.
What’s Mobile World Congress?
It’s a combination of world’s largest showcase for the mobile industry and conference featuring executives representing device manufacturers, vendors, mobile carriers etc. Pretty much every major flagship devices are showcased during the conference.
The location is the Fira Gran Via venue in Barcelona, Spain. Annual attendance is generally more than 100,000 people.
Here are the highlights (Monday / Feb 26th):
- Samsung Galaxy S9 arrives on March 16th
- Xiaomi to enter US market soon
- Nokia 8110 (The Matrix phone) making a comeback with 4G connectivity
- Sony unveils Xperia XZ2 with true 4K HRD video recording
- Xiaomi doing lots of AI research for their new products and services
- Huawei launches new MateBook X Pro with hidden camera
- 5G to be available in Europe soon
- new Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 notebooks with Alexa assistant support
- Vivo’s concept phone with fingerprint scanner on screen and a retracting selfie camera
- BlackBerry: “we’re here to stay”